I had the best day at work, and wanted it share just how amazing it was.
10:00am- meeting with the wife of the Vice President of Uganda, Mrs. Bukenya. She called me the Monday before the meeting, and when she called of course I didn't have her number... so after our quick convo of setting up our meeting time/place, I saved her number. My ghetto-Ugandan phone won't save a name longer than 12 letters. Margaret Bukenya wouldn't fit, so don't worry, the VP's wife is down in my contacts as Marg.
But anyway, meeting her was great. Me and Julie just sat on her porch and told her all about Sseko and our girls. It was such a fun little chat.
12:00pm- we made our way to the fabric market to pick up some new patterns. Just fyi, Sseko's spring line is going to be so great, because we have been buying some killer patterns recently!
12:46pm- Julie and I make our way, with bundles of yards of fabric in tow, to our favorite bakery, Hot Loaf. We get a few samosas for the taxi ride home.
1:30pm- Julie and I decide to spend the afternoon outside hanging out with our ladies. One of our employees, Allen, has this adorable daughter named Shiraz. Shiraz is 3 years old and the only thing she knows how to say in English is "I love you," making our hearts melt even more and making us seriously want to reconsider the no-children-at-work policy we currently have.
We had just given Allen and Joyce (our two newest employees) their first pair of Ssekos, and Shiraz kept trying to put her mom's new sandals on her feet. It was in that moment Julie and I were inspired to make baby-Ssekos.
Shiraz helped Julie along the way
the end result was pretty sweet!
like I said.... it was the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment