If a picture is worth 1,000 words, how many words is a video worth?
I realized today that I told you that Sseko moved, but I didn't actually give you the details. It's true. We've moved. And it's also true that my new office has an amazing view of Lake Victoria!
For almost a year, Julie and I lived at work. We often walked into our living room to find it covered with stacks of shoes from the previous day's quality check. At the end of the day, the next day's work was always staring at me from the office right off our kitchen. There were definitely benefits of work {like being able to roll out of bed and start the work day five minutes later when you sleep late because your phone died in the middle of the night and no alarm went off to wake you up} but I think ultimately that I'm glad to have work and home spaces separate now.
These days Julie and I have to hop on a taxi back into town for about a 20 minute commute. But don't worry- we've made good use of this time. We're currently listening to the 7th Harry Potter book on my iPod during the drive home each evening.
And if you didn't notice from the video, the new Sseko Workshop is pretty legit. It really feels as if it was custom made for us. So we absolutely love working there each day. It's hard to believe we've only been working there one week! It feel so familiar, so homey, and so right already.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment