Wednesday, July 28, 2010

just good

As I have said before, work is different every day. Some days, it can get pretty challenging. But others days, its just plain good.

Today was one of those good days.... It was one of those days when I am reminded of why I am here doing the work that I am doing. It's not just to check the quality of our product by examining every strap thats sewn, or to make sure the express order of size 8's gets to the post office before it closes, or even to develop new policies and procedures as we grow..... its because of this:

This is a picture of me with Teopista and Betty. We had a cupcake party today to celebrate the girls acceptance to university. This week was when all our girls found out what schools they got into, and I feel so incredibly proud of them. It has been so cool to get to know them, and see how hard they work, and know that all this hard work is paying off. Only about 25% of students who graduate from secondary school in Uganda get the opportunity to attend university; our girls are some of the fortunate few.
Every once in a while I get a clear picture like this of our company's mission, and that makes for a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

at the cottage