Drum roll please..... I would like to announce that Sseko Designs has a brand new house! Julie and I will be living there and have an office in the front room. And the girls' workshop will be in the garage. And here is our lovely new home:
Cute, right!? Once Julie and I have the place decorated, I'll post pictures of the inside. Speaking of Julie... in case I didn't mention it, she has been back in the US for the past 2 weeks, so I've been holding down the Sseko-fort until she gets back.
Yesterday I had the task of moving the girl's workshop to the new house, and this is what moving looks like.... Uganda-style:

That little pick-up carried 3 books shelves, over a dozen bags of rubber and shoes, two sewing machines, 2 tables, and a stool. The driver kept taking pictures, because he said this was the biggest load he ever carried! Unloading it was an organizational nightmare, but after a few hours, I had the workshop in pretty good condition...
Just another day in my usually-ridiculous life here!
No comments:
Post a Comment