I will be on an airplane flying to Kampala, Uganda exactly one month from today.... I will be living there for 6 months, working for Sseko Designs (http://www.ssekodesigns.com/).
I love Sseko... a lot... everything about it.... I love that it's a not-just-for-profit company. I love that it provides education opportunities for young women. I love that it's a product I feel proud of. I love that it appeals to the economics-nerd within me. I love that it redeems business, and in doing so gives me a picture of God's redemptive nature... I had become disillusioned with the business world in general, as I saw company corruption and a "get-to-the-top-at-all-costs" mentality, but Sseko gives me hope... Business is a powerful tool, and I love that Sseko takes something that can be used in such a harmful way and makes it into something beautiful and restorative.
If you know anything about me, you know that this company embodies so many of my passions. I honestly could not have imagined a better scenario I could walk into... I am realizing that I have been presented with the rare opportunity to have my "dream-job" right after graduation. I am beyond blessed and incredibly excited to see what is in store for me on this journey.
I have not kept a blog before, but I thought now was as good a time as ever to start! After I walk across the stage to receive my diploma, and then board Emirates Air flight #212, my life is bound to get a lot more interesting. So, friends, I will keep you updated with my thoughts, experiences, and whatever comes my way....
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay Cameron! I love this! It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful to see your face whenever I want!!
Love you.
Dear Google Alerts,
ReplyDeleteThanks you for alerting me to this blog. Because I think the author is the bomb diggity.
Love,
Liz
Hey Cameron,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you made it safe. I loved your descriptions of life there so far. I could truly imagine it, especially the little motorbikes and the mice. That is hilarious about all the people saying you are welcome, so sweet...
You are mucho in our thoughts and prayers! Stay safe.
Pam (for all of us!)